Monday, January 2, 2012

Coconut Kiss

One of our Christmas gifts this year was a Cuisinart Ice Cream machine. I felt like a week stashed away in the cabinet was long enough, so today I decided to give it a try. I made a Coconut Kiss icecream that ended up being absolutely wonderful! Coconut is one of my all time favorite flavors and scents. Mmmmm...

I was a little apprehensive as to whether or not my ice cream would end up a creamy consistency without the heavy cream base (its non-dairy due to my milk allergy) but it turned out perfect! Within just a few minutes I could already tell my liquid coconut mixture was churning into a delightful frozen cream. :)

The machine got it to a soft-serve consistency and all in all this was a fantastic trial run. Jeff and I loved the flavor! And after about half an hour in the freezer the ice cream was solid enough to dip with an ice cream scoop. I will definitely enjoy using this machine. I can't wait to experiment see what other flavors I can come up with! One of my New Year's resolutions was to cook more often. Does ice cream count!?



I don't do a lot of measuring when I'm playing around in the kitchen so this isn't exactly a recipe, but below are the ingredients I used. Next time I'll try to be better about measuring!

Coconut Kiss Ice Cream
1 can of Cream of Coconut
1 can of Coconut Milk
1 envelope unflavored gelatin dissolved into .5 cup hot soy milk
More soy milk
Coconut shreds
Chocolate flakes


No comments:

Post a Comment